Monday, October 10, 2005

The Beatles

I might be a little late on this issue, but while walking to lunch today and singing 'from me to you' to myself, i looked up and noticed a girl staring at me. Her expression got me thinking. is 'from me to you' a song about oral sex? i imagine it was written from a male's perspective (john/paul) and directed towards a female and i know that by itself that doesn't instantly mean oral sex, but the lyrics give more clues..

for example:

If there’s anything that you want,
If there’s anything I can do,

that's fairly vague i know, it might be an offer to help move furniture. however, usually when someone offers oral sex to another person, they don't just come out and say it. it's more a thing you ease into.

Just call on me and I’ll send it along
With love from me to you.

ok, so the offer is for something done with love. probably not helping to move furniture.

I've got arms that long to hold you and keep you by my side
I've got lips that long to kiss you and keep you satisfied, oooh.

these lines are the only lines in the song which demonstrate what is on offer. 'arms that long to hold you and keep you by my side', 'lips that long to kiss you' are all fairly specific examples, but 'keep you satisfied' remains vague. the only thing we know is that it's the lips doing the satifying and it's not kissing he's talking about because that has already been mentioned. i think the oooh at the end pretty much seals it. oral sex.

the only flaw i see in the theory is that oral sex is usually more tongue than lips. however, i believe the word tongue would have been left out for artistic reasons. the line 'i've got a tongue to keep you satisfied' isn't very poetic. anyway, if i'm wrong about all this, i'm intrigued as to know how someone can use lips to keep another person satisfied. perhaps talking.

perhaps disturbingly, i've heard when the song was played live, the line 'from me to you' was changed to 'from us to you'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home